Jazzercise Instructors CLICK HERE to save or print these downloading instructions.
Instructions for Downloading Music from Soundburst
Downloading has never been easier and if you follow our instructions you will find it quick and easy to do. Please read these instructions before you begin so you have a good idea of what you will be doing and you won’t miss anything. Once you get the steps, we are talking 10 minutes tops!
I know it looks like there is a lot here, but you will save yourself time later if you take the time to learn it now. There are also a lot of tips here to help you organize your iTunes and make things much easier to find. Plus this is very detailed on purpose for those new to downloading and to iTunes.
Things You Need To Know
Soundburst has been a music provider for Jazzercise since 2001. Our site is tailored just for Jazzercise instructors. It is simple and user friendly. We have the complete music sets back to R2-01 available on our site under the tab Full Sets/Collections. You can also download any individual songs from those sets by navigating the top slider bar to the products you want or use the search box and type in a title or artist name.
You must use a computer to download from our site. iTunes will not allow you to place music into your iTunes library from a mobile device such as an iPad or iPhone when purchasing from another music provider. Once you download and put the file into your iTunes library on your computer, you can connect your device and copy and paste song files into your device’s playlists or simply SYNC your device.
- We do not keep your credit card information on file for your protection and ours.
- We store only your address information and the music you purchase in an account you create when you make your first purchase. This Buyer Dashboard is available for you to access at any time. You can view and print purchase receipts, send us an email, edit your account details and access your music library. Instructions to access your Buyer Dashboard are given later in this document under the title How to Access Your Account (Buyer Dashboard).
- We use zip files to deliver complete collection downloads. Zip files are used to send large amounts of data quickly over the internet. Think of the zip file as the envelope. You have to open it to get to what is inside. Those files must be saved to your computer and opened (extracted or unzipped) before they can be used in any music player. Any browser has this function built in. You don’t need to purchase any additional software. Complete instructions how to do this are shown below in this document.
- Be sure you know where your browser will save files you download. Most automatically put them in your Downloads folder on your computer. If you can’t find the music folder, you can always use your browser search option. Type in the set name or song title you are trying to find and let your computer find it for you.
Prepare iTunes to Accept and Save Your Music Correctly
- When iTunes does an update, it sometimes changes certain settings. So check this each time before you download. This makes sure the files are actually moved into your iTunes library. Another reason you have to use a computer. Open iTunes. From the menu bar at the top left, click on Edit. From the dropdown menu, click on Preferences. At the top right of the box, click on Advanced. Check the top three boxes: 1) Keep iTunes media folder organized…. 2) Copy files to iTunes media….. 3) Share iTunes library…. Click OK.
- We would also recommend that you download the updates for iTunes and keep the program current. We have heard horror stories of losing music but that rarely happens. And your iTunes will run better if you are using a current version.
- Now that you have a little understanding about what you are doing and your iTunes is ready, let’s move on to the actual download. Don’t be nervous. This is not hard. Just follow our instructions carefully. You got this!
How to Download From Soundburstaudio.com
- Go to www.soundburstaudio.com
- On the top menu bar, click on Jazzercise Music. This will take you to the store. Do NOT click on Login here. This Login option is made to take you to your account, not to the store. More on this LOGIN at the bottom (How to Access Your Account)
- You will notice that the first item is the most recent music collection and then sorts numerically after that. You can also choose individual tracks by clicking on the sliding menu bar at the top. We have a lot to choose from. So be sure you check out the different options available on the menu bar.
- Make your music selection(s) and Add to Cart. You can add as many collections or individual songs as you wish. Each one will represent an individual download on your receipt. If you Continue Shopping, the system will take you back to the point of your last purchase. You can also search by song title using the Search Products box at the top of the store page. This can save you a lot of time but you have to spell the song title correctly in order to find it. You can also search by Artist here.
- When you are finished shopping, click on Secure Checkout. This will take you to the Checkout page. If you have purchased from us before and created an account, click on Returning Customers – Click Here to Login. Enter your email and password as set up originally and click on Login. If not, skip to the highlighted bullet point below. Complete the credit card information requested. Be sure you are accurate. Complete the Billing Information section. Check the Authorization boxes and click on Place Order. If you get an error here, it is most likely caused from entering incorrect credit card information or an incorrect email or password. Check and re-enter that information.
- If you are a new customer, skip the Returning Customers section and begin with the Payment Information. Then complete the Billing Information. Next is the Create Account Access box. Be sure you put in an email and password here so your purchase can be saved in an account for you. Remember this email/password combination. You will need it to login to your account. When you come back you will be a Returning Customer. So you will enter your email/password in that section at the top of the checkout page next time you purchase.
- Click on the authorization boxes and then on Place Order.
- You will be immediately directed to an order confirmation page. This page will list all of the info used to make your purchase and it will serve as your receipt. This will give you links to the music file downloads you purchased under Available Content shown in the middle of the page.
- Click on the black cloud with the down arrow icon next to the music title or collection. You will need to save the file(s) to your computer. Make sure you know where it is being saved so you can find it when complete. This will usually be your Downloads folder. This will take a couple of minutes depending on your internet speed and your computer.
- If you purchased individual tracks, you will notice an icon on your receipt for each song. Save each to your computer.
- If this is a complete collection download, then it is a zip file (think of it as the envelope). This will take a few minutes to download. Right click on the file name (it will be the name of the collection) to open. From the options given, choose Extract All or Extract. (If you are using a MAC, it may perform the extraction process automatically for you) Your browser will ask you where you want to save the new music folder it is going to create and if you want to rename it. I suggest using the default. This puts the new folder by the old one. It will take a few moments to extract and create the new folder so make sure you wait until it is complete. You have just opened your “envelope” (zip file) and the new folder (music inside) has been created.
- You will notice that the new folder has the same name but without the .zip at the end. This icon is now an open paper file folder. This is the folder you will use. If you open it now, you will see all of the music tracks listed. You will not be using the zip file again. You can delete it now if you wish to avoid any confusion. This new folder is now ready for use in any digital music player. Go to Using the Music File in iTunes below.
Using the Music Files in iTunes
- Open iTunes. Create a new playlist for the new music or you can copy it into any existing playlist. The playlist names are shown at the left of the iTunes screen.
- Leave iTunes open and go back on your computer to where you saved the new music. If it is a full set, right click on the folder name, for example: November 2021 Collection and choose Copy. This will copy all of the songs in that folder at once for you.
- Go immediately back to iTunes to the new playlist you created or to the existing one you want to put the new music in. Hover your mouse over the playlist name in the left of the screen, right click and choose Paste. Give it a moment or two and the new music will begin to appear.
- If you are moving individual songs or a block of songs, simply highlight the ones on your computer, choose Copy, go back to iTunes to the playlist you want the music in. Hover your mouse over the playlist name, right click and choose Paste.
- We now have the music in iTunes on your computer. This is the step we have to take because Apple will not allow us to put our music in your music library directly from download to device. Your Apple device will not recognize our files but your computer does and acts like an interpreter. Now we are going to copy it from your computer to your device using the same Copy and Paste steps.
- Connect your device to your computer as though you were going to sync it. When iTunes recognizes the device and you see the iPhone or iPad icon in the menu bar, click on it to open the files on your device. Look for the MUSIC folder. That’s the one we are going to copy the new music into. Go to the playlist where you copied the new music files in iTunes on your computer. Highlight the music titles you want to move to your device. Right click and choose Copy. Then hover your mouse over the Music file on your device, right click and choose Paste. This will copy the music files from iTunes on your computer to iTunes on your device for you.
- Or you can simply SYNC your device. If you get any strange error messages, don’t be concerned. Just sync again. This is a known error and it might take up to four syncs for iTunes to get it together.
- You are ready to Jazzercise!
How to Access Your Account (Buyer Dashboard)
- When you make your first purchase from www.soundburstaudio.com and complete the Create Account Access box on the checkout page, you create an account. To access your account, go to our homepage. Click on Login in the top menu bar. At the Content Shelf login, type in the email and password you used when you purchased from us. Click Login. If you have forgotten your password there is a reset option you can use. If you have purchased from us but did not create an account, you can do so now by clicking on the First Time to Access Content option. Follow the prompts.
- From your Buyer Dashboard, you will see all of the content you have purchased from us. You can download it again by clicking on the small down arrow to the right of the item. This will give you the black cloud icon to download it again just like you did the first time. You will go through the same process.
- You can also go back to our store here by clicking on Visit Vendor’s Store right under the black cloud icon in this section.
- You can also see your Order History and reprint receipts for tax purposes. In Account Profile, you can change your address, update your email address and change your password.
- We sell gift cards. If you have purchased some they will be shown under the Gift Cards tab.
We believe supporting our customers is very important. So if you need help we are happy to assist. We are available by phone (801-771-4411) in the US, Monday – Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM Mountain Standard Time. We are in Utah.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us in as much detail as you can what the problem is. We will respond within one business day and do whatever is necessary to help. We will make sure you get your music so don’t worry. We have other ways if all else fails.
We appreciate your business!
The Soundburst Team